Topic: Hey Porklet!

So I have cancelled my WoW account, should expire by the 18th. I'm planning on getting into Rift in the next month. You given any thought to trying it out?

Re: Hey Porklet!

I MISS YOU BRO

HAI! i got a last minute beta invite and tried it out. There is a hilareous anti-wow culture, the general chats are all like: "i h8 wow and all wow-players...this game rules"

It does have a couple of cool new concepts (the public raids are fun), and the graphics are nice, but it is so similiar to wow it's a little weird. Even the key binds are the same, "N" for talents, "L" for quests, etc.

You thinking about trying it around April 1st?

Half your dps & twice your total damage: always, fastly, and well.

I actually already jumped on. Been messing around on the Arcanis shard. Nytdreamer for a mage character and Nyte for a rogue. Rogue seems to be more fun for right now.

You are right though, it is so much like the WoW interface I am surprised they haven't been sued blind.

Miss you too Strome lol

If you weren't shipping out so soon I'd say jump over.

I'm on the Defiant side btw

Last edited by Nytdreamer (2011-03-04 18:18:02)

Guardians = Losers

We could start up a new Faceroll on Rift. That would be cool

I just canceled my WoW account and i could be picking up rift possibly soon.  I think  a new faceroll would be cool.

Rift is currently sitting on my desk right now...unopened though.

I'll probably boot it up either tomorrow or Thursday.  I'll whisper you when i log in.  Would you be interested in starting a guild together?

Hells yea we should.

I probably won't be on as much for the next week or 2 though because Dragon Age 2 just came out. I must beat it

Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, we are merely here to make sure no one else has any

I'm going with rogue right now. I like the crazy teleport backstabs

I think what I like least is how long they made all of the ability cooldowns..... so much time spent mashing the attack button. It's not as bad at higher levels, but it's brutal for lowbies

Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, we are merely here to make sure no one else has any

You're gonna love my nuts.

For sure.... there are few things more satisfying than turning waves of trash npcs into chunks of warm goo with a ZOMG PEW PEW spec mage. Too bad mage single target dps is horrible compared to what a dagger rogue can pump out. I'm assuming 2H warriors are in line with rogues, but who wants to play them anyways?

Ya, playing Isabella is what made me want to roll one. My mage is level 16 right now, so I'm feeling torn between pushing through and completing the campaign, or just benching him and levelling the rogue. idk.... the game is super fun either way, so all options lead to victory

So I've beaten it. Twice now. Time to turn focus on Rift.

Hey Nyte, just wanted to let you know that put Rift down.  It is a great game.  Hell, would probably be a good replacement for WoW if I were to play it end game, but for now I think I want to stay away from games that involve raiding.  Good luck and I hope you are able to get that guild going if you start it!

Boooooooo!

Eh, well that's ok.

How 'bout you Pork? Still thinking about trying it out?

I think I am gonna actually jump servers to Seastone. It's PvP but I have some friends on it. Will probably named Nytdreamer, or Nyte

I play a few mins here and there on Aedraxis, toon name is Twylyte. If I decide to stick with it, I'd probably be interested in tranferring to the highest pop server, once that shakes out.

Though for sure when the Star Wars MMO comes out I'll be all over that.