Topic: February Guild Status Report//Looting and Raiding rules//expectations

Wow..so a lot has happened in the guild since the last post I made.  We've reached the point where clearing naxx 25 and sarth 25 in a weekend is not a far fetched goal.  People are gearing up faster than ever, and the guild has nearly doubled in size since then. We've got a number of issues to address, and this is a great place to put any concerns or questions you have for discussion on the boards.

1.  Guild Membership Policies

First off I'd like to address the gkicks people have seen over the last month.  The officers are trying as hard as possible to keep the reputation of our guild as pleasant folks to be around.  The majority of those gkicks came from reports of bad behavior/cussing people out when the members went into pugs.   A large number of you actually joined us because you enjoyed the pugs our guild ran and as those are a main source of recruitment for the guild, we cannot afford to have our reputation be that of a bunch of jerks  if we are to continue to have raiding success on KT. 

2.  Raid Loot Distribution

We've had a number of questions as to what goes into decisions for who gets loot and what loot.  I thought id list some of the criteria that the officers and yden use to determine who gets what.

• Will giving someone this loot render them unable to maintain an important stat cap, hit preeminently.  Loss of hit can actually make that shiny new epic a downgrade for you.

• How long has it been since they recieved loot.  If 2 weeks or more have gone by and youve lost rolls or had loot you could use stuffed in other peoples bags, the odds are very good that the next godly item will be stuffed in your sack.

• Reliability in raiding.  We do not require any set amount of time spent raiding with us.  With that said, for the success of our guild it makes more sense to stuff gear in the bags of someone who has reliably shown up for the majority of our raids than it does to someone who has shown up to 1 or 2 days fo raiding.  We are still progression oriented and that tier piece does the guild no good sitting on a char who will miss the next month of 25 mans.

• Have you put in effort to gear yourself.  As a guild we arent large enough, or geared enough to treat our 25 mans as something we can pull just about anyone through.  People who have put in the effort running and pugging heroics to buy tier pieces..hunting out best in slot, and doing a bit of homework to improve their ability to run their character will tend to get priority over the new recruit in quest greens and blues who hasnt set foot in a heroic yet.

• Is the item more itemized for a different spec/class.  This should be obvious, if a best in slot for spec A drops, though it may be an upgrade for class B,  if we have a Spec A in the raid it will almost certainly go to them.  Maximizing the effectiveness of the loot that drops is key to our progressing into harder content as it is patched in.

It is when these things seem balanced that we call for a roll off.

3. Guild Bank Dos and Don't Even Think About Its

Please try to keep the more useless items out of the guild bank, old world azerothian items, BC items and the like, we're tryign to keep it filled for high end content.  We do encourage you slipping greens you would otherwise vendor into the gbank for disenchanting by the guilds enchanters.  Theyve all been very generous to the guild with their mats, and doing so will help defray the costs of enchants you might want.

4.  10-Creature Raids

Our stance to tenmans has changed over the past month, they are no longer scheduled, but you can count on at least 1 or 2 being assembled over the course of the week.  Your 10 man ids are your own, you can pug but there will more than likely be guild runs before our night of raiding.

5.  25-Creature Raids

We are not elite enough to carry more than a few undergeared or underexperienced people through a raid at a time.  We will do our best with what we have but there is content that requires us to have people who have geared for it and done it before as it can still be touch and go for us.  For those unsure if you're geared for 25 man naxx...there is almost universally a pre-naxx gearing guide in the class forums on the blizzard boards.  Please browse these lists, and if there are items on it you need help getting, post requests on the forum, or ask the guild to help.  Please dont be afraid of pugging, pugging is the best way to hone your "oh lord this has all gone to shit" skills for WoW.  Pugging brings you into contact with others who might be interested in and an asset to the guild as well.   It works better than recruitment threads.

DISCUSS!

*By "required" we mean "it is highly expedient of you to participate in the discussion if you value the continued awesomeness of Facerolling, with vague threats of physical pain and/or punishment if you do not."  Faceroll Officers and Administrators cannot be held responsible for your misinterpretation of the aforementioned asterisk.

Last edited by Zivix (2009-02-11 21:48:41)

Re: February Guild Status Report//Looting and Raiding rules//expectations

I find this to be a very good guild and am quite thankful that I was allowed to join. The rules and conduct I have witnessed and been a part of since joining have been a wonderful experience. I would like to put out a thank you to all I have played with recently for helping me attain some better gear but also in helping me refine my playing skills and just making me a better player then i was before.

Lokais, you are a prime example of someone who has put forth the effort to research your class/spec/gear/rotation, and you have been steadily improving since then.  I'm also very happy with the current policies, and will do everything in my power to maintain the current atmosphere within FS.  If there are any suggestions or gripes, then this is the thread to shout it out within.

- Yden -

ARE YOUR FUCKING COMPUTERS PLUGGED IN?

I'm extremely glad i was given a chance to be in this guild. I had very little exposure to raids before this and its been fun. Thanks guys. =)

I truly feel that what we have with the Faceroll Syndicate is unique. I have been a part of several other raiding guilds in my wow-life, both casual and hardcore and I can attest to the fact that the atmosphere around here is one of a kind.

It is hard to find a guild that has skilled players, while the players are also very friendly and have all around good attitudes. I am amazed repeatedly at the quality of human beings we have in this guild every time I see someone pass on a upgrade that they could use, in order to make sure that someone that might need it more gets it.

I am truly honored to be able to play with you all and call you my friends and I think that the Faceroll Syndicate is destined for some great times and great fun.

Tellurious wrote:

I truly feel that what we have with the Faceroll Syndicate is unique. I have been a part of several other raiding guilds in my wow-life, both casual and hardcore and I can attest to the fact that the atmosphere around here is one of a kind.

It is hard to find a guild that has skilled players, while the players are also very friendly and have all around good attitudes. I am amazed repeatedly at the quality of human beings we have in this guild every time I see someone pass on a upgrade that they could use, in order to make sure that someone that might need it more gets it.

I am truly honored to be able to play with you all and call you my friends and I think that the Faceroll Syndicate is destined for some great times and great fun.

Totally agree on this, there is no doubt FS is one of a kind.

Reyuu / Rhokkan

Hey guys.

FS is doing great, with nice progressions a lot of cool people around and all.

However i would like to touch on the progression part. From my opinion, nice epics that are being distributed should be pooled back in for the guild for better progression in raids.

Which means that a certain class gets a piece of gear for its main spec should be on its main spec duties in the raid? 25 man at least. (this of course is subject to the need of the raid)

For instance a pally tank(main spec) who rolls for a Tank gear should be tanking in runs instead of healing. Well of course , off spec is another story.

Specific concerns for me would be a class A (off spec) who can roll on class B (main spec). This wouldn't be beneficial to the raid at all in my opinion.

Another thing is , I pay most attention on DPS on raids as i am a Hunter who frequently look at the dps meter. I find that some of us are doing less than average damage which could be easily rectified with a few pointers here and there.

I hope that some of those who are doing less than average dps which potentially could do a lot better deeps to seek out the officers or the high dpsers for a tip or two. *cough* *Rhokkan* *cough* *Reyuu* *cough* *Assurance*

Sry, was having a bad cough for a few days now. :)

Sincerely , Kalkrez

Idiots's don't get battle res.....'Quote'

soulflare wrote:

Hey guys.

However i would like to touch on the progression part. From my opinion, nice epics that are being distributed should be pooled back in for the guild for better progression in raids.

Which means that a certain class gets a piece of gear for its main spec should be on its main spec duties in the raid? 25 man at least. (this of course is subject to the need of the raid)

For instance a pally tank(main spec) who rolls for a Tank gear should be tanking in runs instead of healing. Well of course , off spec is another story.

Specific concerns for me would be a class A (off spec) who can roll on class B (main spec). This wouldn't be beneficial to the raid at all in my opinion.

Another thing is , I pay most attention on DPS on raids as i am a Hunter who frequently look at the dps meter. I find that some of us are doing less than average damage which could be easily rectified with a few pointers here and there.

I hope that some of those who are doing less than average dps which potentially could do a lot better deeps to seek out the officers or the high dpsers for a tip or two. *cough* *Rhokkan* *cough* *Reyuu* *cough* *Assurance*

Sincerely , Kalkrez

Ret is my mainspec.  Prot is offspec for me as of a few weeks ago.  I will not be rolling on holy or prot gear at all and will only collect table scraps for those setups.

ARE YOUR FUCKING COMPUTERS PLUGGED IN?

Tellurious wrote:

hear hear! Very well said Tell. I myself came to this guild when Yden spotted me coming out of the bank in Dalaran and noticed that I was unguilded, having left my guild a couple hours earlier that night. I do not regret my decision in joining this guild as it has been a complete blast to here. I love the loot system and the fact thatwe are a casual guild.

soulflare wrote:

Hey guys.

Sincerely , Kalkrez

I switched my main spec to fury after being in the guild for about a week. I did this because, at the time, we had a crap load of tanks (5) trying to go to the same raid and the majority of them were able to benefit from gera more then myself. I have no problem respeccing to prot if needed, should gold permit, but I won't roll on prot gear. Like Yden, I would only take table scraps for prot.

I have to completely agree. My experience with FS has been one of the funnest things I have ever experienced in the game of WoW. I have never raided before, so I enjoy seeing parts of the story line, and having fun every weekend. Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put into this guild. :)

BAD Sheep!

We are all indeed awesome.

It's a disease. I apologize for spreading it. I do get around a bit.

I ain't got no problems and haven't really been to enough raids recently (liiiiiiife gets in the way sometimes -- not the cereal either, I'd just pour milk over that shit and shove it in my mouth) to really have much to say on that.

soulflare wrote:

soulflare is now Kalkrez, fyi.

Thanks a lot Zivix for the ultra quick response! You da man! :)
Anyhow, Yden, Ghaka and others , just to clarify myself i wasn't pointing fingers and there is no need to clarify your main specs and off specs. Just a note from me to the officers , i don't doubt the decisions made by the officers on loots on a general scale.

All is well. Just want to remind the officers for the loot distribution to think a little more on the progression sake of Faceroll , so we can all roll over whatever instances Blizzard has to offer. Bring it!

:)

Cheers!

Idiots's don't get battle res.....'Quote'

Not saying you were pointing fingers, just clairifying it for peeps that didn't know. ;)

I suppose this is as good a place as any to say that I've kicked tanking to curb for the time being. Arms = spinning for 6s straight = utter and total win.

If it asks you for money, tell it to get a fucking job to pay for its own god damn respec. It doesn't have its panhandling license anyway.

We just 4-shotted Malygos. I think there's one thing that really needs to be said:

LAST ATTEMPT

It is awesome that you guys have progressed so far, and i'm glad I was able to become a part of the guild. With that being said Raiding with you guys is very fun, and I know this is not a hardcore guild, But I would suggest, for the people that care and want to get sweet epics, is to read up on fights or watch videos on how to do them if you haven't done them before. This makes it easier for not only the raid "time-wise" but also in general, if you know what you're doing and you're doing it right, it helps out everyone (especially the healers - healing extra people that shouldn't be taking damage is very stressful).

Once again, it's only a suggestion, I realize this is a casual raiding guild and a lot of people just want to have fun and see content, but if you can spare the time, it would make raiding exponentially more fun O_O.

Other than that, we're doing great, I love the atmosphere. Still need to grasp the meaning of facerolling but yeahhhh. I <3 you guys

So I know I'm a little late at writing this but hey it's here now.  First off, I just wanna say that I am very happy with the progression of this guild.  We have proven that it is very much possible to be a casual guild AND progress in content.  Not only have we progressed in content we have smoked it.  It has been a pleasure for me to be in this guild.  Like Tell. I have been in several raiding guilds and I have never had this much fun in wow until this point.  From my experiences it is a pleasure to play with anyone in this guild.  As far as loot goes, I am very happy with the way it works.  I have no problem passing on any loot because without you guys, I wouldnt be seeing it anyway.  Just getting to roll on loot is a priviledge because like I said without you guys I would never see it.  When I joined this guild you guys helped me gear up faster than I ever thought possible and for that I thank you.  All the new recruits to the guild welcome, and if im on and you need help with something send me a whisper and I will do my best to help you or run a heroic with you.  With that said I love this guild, we are doing great lets keep it up.  Let us continue to kill the stupid shit not stand in it.  Peace.

-Ælodius