Topic: Ulduar is serious business

Hey folks, it looks like all the rumors are true, and beginning today we have new content to Faceroll. With that being said the Officers and I thought now might be a good time to reiterate a few things about how loot/raid slots/etc will be managed for the next few weeks.

LOOT:
For those who were here when we started Naxx 25 you probably remember Yden saying 'If you haven't received loot yet tonight, crash dice.' Pretty much every item that drops in there is going to be a direct upgrade for somebody, and as a loot council we will do our best to ensure that it is distributed fairly.

As always when a boss dies we will link each drop in a Raid Warning for everyone to see. IF YOU WANT THAT ITEM THEN LINK WHAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY WEARING IN THAT SLOT IN RAID CHAT. If you're not interested, or would like to honor-pass to someone who could make better use of it than you (ie going from a Naxx 10 epic to Ulduar 25) then simply say 'Pass' so we don't wait forever thinking you might be interested.
It's not our job to babysit you and tell you what items you want..... so pay attention during loot distribution and speak up if you want something, or you simply won't be getting it.
When in doubt the loot will probably go to Cloin.

RAID SLOTS:
We will be opening invites at about 7:50 server time, and they will be CLOSED at 8:10 server unless we are still short at that time. But lets be serious, new content + a couple dozen new members + all you old farts = overpopulation. Since we will undoubtedly be bumping people each night this is how bumps will go.
We will sort out our tanks and healers first, followed by dps. As we chose our classes we will be as thorough as possible to ensure that our big buffs and debuffs are taken care of to help maximize the effectiveness of the raid. So if we have 11 Retribution Paladins, chances are a few of them will be first on the bump list.
We will also be considering gear level when making groups for at least the first while. Alt-night demonstrated that skill > gear... but with no experience gear gives a lot of forgiveness.

We will NOT be allowing alts into Ulduar until after it is completely on farm status for us.
We will NOT be allowing off-specs into Ulduar unless a player is specifically asked to switch for us to help work out the raid composition. If we do end up asking people to go to their offspec they will be rolling/receiving loot for their main spec. If we ask someone to switch toons to meet the raid composition then the toon that we ASKED to join the raid will be treated as a main when it comes to loot distribution. For example if we asked Rhom to get off his Shaman and grab his Warrior, it'd be pretty crappy of us to not allow him to roll on loot, considering he wanted to play on his other toon anyways.... I think you all see where I'm going with this.

We will be using your Officer Guild-notes to keep track of bumps and will do our best to give raid priority to people who opt out. That being said, if seven Fury Warriors try to cash in their bump at the same time, it's probably not going to happen.

PROGRESSION:
I'd like to remind you all that we are NOT in fact a hard-core progression raiding guild. As such we won't be spending 3 hours chain-wiping on bosses. Don't be surprised if you see us moving to a different boss, calling the raid for the night, or moving over to Maly/Sarth/Naxx if things are going badly. If raiding stops being fun and turns into work then it's time to /gdisband and work on levelling my cooking.
The things I've posted above are basically our guidelines for how we will try to make our progression as smooth as possible.

I know you're all excited to dive into Ulduar and start smoking bosses, and we are too. Please be patient with your Guildmates and your Officers as we all try to learn the dungeon, keep things moving, and keep raid slots/loot nicely distributed. There are sure to be bumps in the road, but it's nothing we can't handle.

If you have any questions, concerns, or problems with this or any other guild matters then pick an officer and send them a whisper with your concerns.

*All policies are subject to change without notice. Retailers are free to set individual prices. See in store for details.*

Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, we are merely here to make sure no one else has any

Re: Ulduar is serious business

Good luck in there, guys! Save me some Tier 8!

You face not Shupani alone, but the legions she commands!

/touch

Caddillac needs new tires, upholstry and bodywork. plzkkthx.

B.

Sorry Kara... gbank needs shards and I'm looking at plate healy gears

Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, we are merely here to make sure no one else has any

Come on Kara.. you know better =) All your lewts are belong to Cloin!

Or me.

ARE YOUR FUCKING COMPUTERS PLUGGED IN?

yden you showing up tonight?

No, Sir.  I have made a vow to myself to not play WoW until I am satisfied with my academic performance and have been accepted to graduate school.  Sometimes you have to put the bong/WoW down, tighten up your belt, and wedge the mother fuckin' line or the battle will never end.

- Yden -

ARE YOUR FUCKING COMPUTERS PLUGGED IN?

Yden wrote:

Or me.

well if you ever decide to show up again you can have some im sure Cloin will share =P

No

Yden wrote:

Sometimes you have to put the bong/WoW down, tighten up your belt, and wedge the mother fuckin' line or the battle will never end.

... we're supposed to put the bong down, too? Oh fuck.

/touch

Yden wrote:

No, Sir.  I have made a vow to myself to not play WoW until I am satisfied with my academic performance and have been accepted to graduate school.  Sometimes you have to put the bong/WoW down, tighten up your belt, and wedge the mother fuckin' line or the battle will never end.

Heh.  I've been working 80+ hours a week for the past 4 months or so.  Which is why you haven't seen me in WoW in forever.  I'm going to have so much free time when I'm done with school...

How did it go in there last night anyways?

- Peace through Unity, Unity through Faith and, as always, Stay out of the Stupid Shit!

Downed Flame Leviathan (the vehicle fight). Then wiped on a bunch of trash. We can probably do Razorscale, but we're legit stuck on trash for two other bosses right now.

Trash is SRS BSNS? Wow...Sunwell anyone?

- Peace through Unity, Unity through Faith and, as always, Stay out of the Stupid Shit!

We're thinking more along the lines of TK, where the trash is harder than the bosses.

Oh snap, that sounds fun.  I want in! 

I'm trying to resist sitting here at working chanting "Ul-du-ar!, Ul-du-ar!, Ul-du-ar!" 

It's in my mind! 

Help pls.

DK Tank of DOOM!

Mordraed wrote:

Oh snap, that sounds fun.  I want in! 

I'm trying to resist sitting here at working chanting "Ul-du-ar!, Ul-du-ar!, Ul-du-ar!" 

It's in my mind! 

Help pls.

Brain heal time?

Save me before I try and venture in there by myself. 

I can handle it ... right?  I mean, they said DK's are OP ... ... ... eh, "woops"

DK Tank of DOOM!

I read two interesting things online today.... firstly, the Molten Colossus mobs that ate our faces are supposedly glitched, and are not supposed to be linked to each other.

Also, Dragonscale's big nasty flame breath supposedly kills Iron Dwarfs.... so kite them in front of her and lets have Dwarf medium rare (and there's an achievement for toasting them too I hear)

I'm new here but if I am online then I'm willing to help in any way that I can. Unfortunately work has me traveling every week for the next 6 weeks :(.

-Cap

ROFL roasted faceroller anyone?

Grig/Toki wrote:

We just tried this. The result was Grigmir, medium rare.

Wait what?  You died in Ulduar?  I thought YOU were a boss in there Grig. 

How did I get that mixed up?

Question is, Will Mord be able to survive now that he's been nerfed? 
No more Lichbourne!  FAIL!

DK Tank of DOOM!

Good luck surviving the trash.... a two pull that can chain stun/silence/whatever for 11 seconds = dead tanks.... oh and they can also both decide to put a 3k dps DoT on your favorite shammy healer too.... while silenced....

Sounds like you guys need someone flapping their arms pretending to heal :\

/touch