Topic: Raiding Discussion

Half your dps & twice your total damage: always, fastly, and well.

Re: Raiding Discussion

A lot of this is, I think, a good start. Adjusting raid times, opening up recruiting—more to a "type" of player than a "level" of player—more, raiding requirements. Going to a 10M roster is pretty much the only way to move forward, with a successful second 10M group necessary for talk of merging to a 25M group, IMO. Since the loot is now all the same, the "spreading" issue is now not the same.

Furthermore, we might want to consider "progression" oriented distribution, which is something I've seen other 10M guilds do. This might be merge–able with EPGP, if you had performance metrics which could award additional EP, but this is far easier to do for DPS than other roles. Thankfully, DPS only rarely will compete with healers for gear, and should never compete with tanks. Progression–oriented distribution for tanks is easy: If the main tank wants it, he gets it.

I have sad raid attendance, mainly because I tend to turn into a pumpkin by about 10 and am useless by 11 (est, not server time).

I like Kast's idea of progression lewt distribution. It makes more sense to me that if I am running and a regular raid DPSer is too, they should have priority over me. The only thing to consider is that if a clicker/stand in never gets goodies then they might not come out. Typically that works itself out pretty quickly as your core group gets geared faster than tag alongs anyway.

If you need me I'll be farming rep and studying my EJ spreadsheet. ;)

Half your dps & twice your total damage: always, fastly, and well.

i agree with everything being said. I think it's time for a change to come to America and I, for one, am ready for a change.